What is a Colon Massage?
Colon massage is a painless therapy. It is a gentle massage encouraging peristaltic action, A relaxing massage, triggering various pressure points for better relief of your symptoms. The colon is one of the most important part of your body as it acts as a filter. Whatever enters the mouth has to pass through the colon, therefore a healthy colon means a healthy body.
Colon massages are one of the most effective methods that not only help relieve constipation but also helps to strengthen and tone your digestive tract for eliminating accumulated fecal matter properly. When performed correctly, a colon massage can help loosen-up compacted fecal matter, so the muscles in the colon can move the waste along in a more effective manner.
Our colon massage sessions will last between 20-30 minutes, with five minute “warm-up” phases to develop a smooth rhythm and pressure and a five minute “cool-down” phases to gradually ease the pressure applied.
Starting in the lower right quadrant of your abdomen, near the appendix, on the right side just above your hip, use the finger tips of both hands and push down as gently and as comfortably as possible. Then move your fingertips in a circular, massaging motion. Always apply light pressure and avoid compressing painful areas. Excellent treatment for increasing peristalsis. Prior to the treatment, each individual will fill in a questionnaire to check for contra-indication.
Benefits of Colon Massage
- Relieves tension and relaxes the muscles surrounding the colon, promoting a healthier digestive system.
- Helps remove toxins by stimulating internal detoxification processes.
- Built up fecal matter is dislodged from the walls of the intestinal tract.
- Blood flow is increased within the abdominal cavity which, in turn, delivers more life-sustaining oxygen to the vital organs.
- Provides basic comfort and soothing heat through touch therapy.
- Encourages peristaltic action
- Better bowel movement
- Relief of trapped gases
- Relief of any discomfort